Perfins home page

 

Private Revenue Perfins of New South Wales

An Elsmore Coath Howard production

The authors would welcome your comments additions or input into this work

A  B  C  D  E  G  H  J  L  M  N  P  Q  R  S  T  V  W

Back to NSW 'Other' page Back to States Perfin index

Back to Commercial Overprint index

Section 2 - Commercial Overprints

B

--------------------------------------------------------

B       A

PTY

LTD

L       M

.a

 

User: British Australian Lead Manufacturers Pty Ltd

Paint Manufacturer

Address: Williamstown Rd, Fisherman's Bend, VIC

Revenue Use:

1929-66 Numeral issue 3d

Rarity Scale:

1929 Numeral issue 3d R4

Background: *British Australian Lead Manufacturers Pty Ltd (BALM) was first established in Sydney in 1918. The company purchased the business of several existing paint manufacturers, including Adelaide's Australasian United Paint Company. In 1955 the company changed its name, becoming BALM Paints Pty Ltd and later in 1964 they became BALM Paints Limited.

In 1971 the paint manufacturer again changed its name, becoming Dulux Australia Ltd adopting the name of their most popular paint brand as the company name.

By 2001 Dulux Australia was responsible for the production and distribution of paints under the brand names of Dulux, Walpamur, Berger, British Paints, Cabots, Acra Tex, Intergrain and Feast Watson, plus some generic brands. These paints were available to trade and consumers throughout Australia and some brands were sold overseas.

Device: Handstamp

Related Patterns: Nil

*Trove

 

Encyclopaedia of Science

-------------------------------------------------------

BEVILLES.a

 

User: Bevilles Pty Ltd

Homewares & Jewellery Retailer

Address: 162 Pitt St, Sydney, NSW

Revenue Use:

1929-66 Numeral issue 3d

Rarity Scale:

1929 Numeral issue 3d R4

Background: *In 1934, Leo Beville and his wife Rae began trading in Bourke Street, Melbourne as homeware retailers, offering products such as blankets, chests, chandeliers, saucepans, dinner sets and more.

In early 1950's, jewellery and diamond rings were introduced into the product line as Bevilles moved towards becoming a leading Melbourne city Jewellery and Homewares store.

In the late 1970's, Keith and Deidre Beville, expanded the business from its single city location by establishing a shop in the recently opened Knox City shopping complex in Wantirna South in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Since the late 1990’s, Michelle and Gary Beville have expanded the business further and in 2012 the company had 29 retail outlets in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.

Device: Handstamp

Related Patterns: Nil

*Beville's Web site

-------------------------------------------------------

A  B  C  D  E  G  H  J  L  M  N  P  Q  R  S  T  V  W

Back to NSW 'Other' page Back to States Perfin index

Back to Commercial Overprint index

© copyright 2011

Perfins home page